TeeRoy's 2 Cents
- Soulja really needs to chill -- maybe take a break from social media.
- What's the common denominator in all of these "misunderstandings?"
- You need to have thick skin to make it in this business. You can't take everything personally.
- Soulja's been in this game a minute. Now I'm just curious what other sort of grudges he's been holding onto all of this years.
- I wonder if Soulja even heard the original comments or if things got twisted around in a game of telephone.
Soulja Boy has decided to say sorry to J. Cole thanks to a little encouragement from Nicki Minaj.
Last week, Cole was on Lil Yachty's podcast where he shared that he initially had “resistance” towards Soulja’s music. Things escalated quickly, with Big Draco calling Cole a “stupid bitch” in response. Flash forward to a few days later, when Soulja and Nicki Minaj were on Instagram Live together. She cleared the air about a misunderstanding about the MTV VMAs and why Soulja wasn’t involved. The Queen continued to play peacemaker, with Nicki helping Soulja understand the comments from Cole he took offense to weren’t actually slights, but rather, Cole admitting that he was wrong and “basically giv[ing Soulja] props.” Nicki asks him straight up, “what the [eff] was you on when you misinterpreted it?”
Shortly after, Soulja took to Twitter where he took accountability, writing, “Nicki just told me I took what he said wrong. And that he was showing love. So I’m gonna let it go. My bad y’all I really thought dude was hating on me. My bad dawg. @JColeNC sorry for the confusion. Keep doing your [stuff] we from two different worlds. I stand on what I stand on, it’s hard coming from where I did man. I dealt with a lot of hate my whole career so it was just messed to think it would come from you.”